Saturday, August 6, 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Dinner Time

Week 32: Dinner Time. On a typical childhood evening, who was around the dinner table? Was the meal served by one person, or was it a free-for-all? What is dinner time like in your family today?

Usually around our dinner table it was my Grandma, my Mom, my sister and I. Dad was at work. We all had a hand in setting the table and we always sat at the table to eat. Not like today when everybody does their own thing and eats when they are ready.

I could never understand why Mom cooked 2 big meals. I always wondered why she didn't just cook extra when she was cooking the meal for Dad before he went to work. But I guess she wanted to have fresh for us. In the summer or during school vacation she only cooked 1 big meal before Dad went to work. That was a lot easier on Mom. Not so many dishes to wash either.

Then as us kids got older and was working or doing other activities after school we would just grab something to eat or eat later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion!!!! If you want me to respond to a comment or suggestion please send me your email address. Otherwise I will not respond or comment with the exception of maybe on Facebook or Google+.