Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sorting Saturday - Newspaper Clippings, Obits, Etc.

I have been busy sorting the newspaper clippings I brought back from my Mom's that I need to scan. I also have to go thru her scrapbook she has had for years. Everything is in there and some of the Obits I scanned the other day she has in there also. Some things are on family, some on friends, some are jokes, some are poems.

It will be a little bit of a challenge since she glued all the clippings into her scrapbook and the pages are bigger than my scanner. Some she has right tight together and others are spaced apart.

I also have some more photos of unknown people I need to scan. I know they are either friends of family that is no longer here or family that my Mom couldn't remember.

The one problem with all these clippings most of them do not have a date, or what newspaper they were in. So sourcing is going to be really challenging. I think some came from up north, some from Flint, some from Lapeer, and some from down state Jackson or South Haven area. Some are real old with tiny print.

Oh WELL. One piece of information at a time. 

1 comment:

  1. I also have newspaper clippings with no dates and no way of knowing which newspaper. I love the info but wish I had source knowledge. Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion!!!! If you want me to respond to a comment or suggestion please send me your email address. Otherwise I will not respond or comment with the exception of maybe on Facebook or Google+.