Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sorting Saturday -

I have been busy sorting, tossing, organizing. Making a mess and and cleaning it up.

Most of the work I have been doing lately is down in the basement. I have tossed out a lot of junk and stuff I have moved for years, that has been stuck in a box. I have decided if I haven't used it in 6 months or have no intentions on using it, get rid of it.

I have made quite a dent in the basement. Still have a long ways to go. Then there are the 2 sheds. Full of stuff I need to get rid of. I really have to downsize. I don't want to leave a lot of stuff for someone else to have to toss if anything were to happen to me.

I was worrying about organizing and linking everything back up to my Legacy Family Tree program before I went to my Mom's in July. Now I really need to get back to it and get my sourcing all fixed. I am trying to get the information on my tree that I have in Ancestry.com too. I should also put it in my WikiTree and whatever others I have out there. But to be honest, lately I just haven't been feeling myself. I feel so disconnected with myself. Not able to concentrate (which I have been trying to figure out why). I have a hard time remember where I left off. I know I can make lists. But then I can't remember where I put that. I am hoping I will get this all worked out soon and get back to my old self minus the smoking part. I have been doing pretty good in that area. Absolutely no smoking since October 2 about 10:30PM. I was very bad in September and bought a pack of little cigars. I was only smoking 1 or 2 a day but I sure felt guilty because I originally hadn't smoked since July 31 at around 8:30PM. But just having that 1 or 2 seemed to help me concentrate better. It sure did not help my breathing though.

Anyways that is a little of what I have been up to. Hopefully I will be back to my old self before long. I have so much to do and I fear I won't get it all done.

It's a little cool out, but at least a little bit of sunshine is happening today.

2 comments:

  1. You are doing fine, all that cleaning and sorting and tossing. I on the other hand, feel somewhat like a hoarder, long story, too difficult and painful to repeat. Maybe next spring - -

    SIGHH

    The smoking thing, you will feel better, just keep on working on it, peanut butter toast! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's possible to be on the top of your game while attacking those boxes and stacks. Simply facing the stuff of our lives and letting go of much of it takes such energy. Pair that with giving up the smokes and I'd say you're doing a spectacular job.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion!!!! If you want me to respond to a comment or suggestion please send me your email address. Otherwise I will not respond or comment with the exception of maybe on Facebook or Google+.