Thursday, January 19, 2012

HAS IT BEEN 30 YEARS?

Thirty years ago today our son Benjamin Fredric Haas went to join the angels in heaven.

I am not sad!! I see him as running through fields of wildflowers. Stopping once in a while to smell them.
Benjamin Fredric Haas Celebrating his Christmas at Grandpa and Grandma Herrick's in Atlanta, Michigan. Either at Thanksgiving time or Christmas of 1981. This is one of the last pictures we have of him.
 He died of SIDS. I don't know if they will ever really know what causes it. But at least he was in no pain or did not suffer. It was a very sad time for Walt, Jesse, David, myself and Walt's Mom and Step-Dad. But knowing that he did not suffer was such a comfort to us. Hard to understand why God chose to take him but I have heard that sometimes God does this when he sees something he doesn't want someone to experience.

He was always a very happy little boy. I called him my little angel so many times and now he is my little angel in heaven.

You are always in our hearts and thoughts. Someday we will all be joining you up there in heaven!!!

10 comments:

  1. He was a beautiful baby, only our Maker knows why. You find your comfort in your loss very well. ((HUGS)) today for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to think of him, Sharon! And what a lovely boy. My thoughts are with you today. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful angel, now a treasure of God! Sending a hug and thoughts of you today Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice way to remember your son. I'm just learning of this now, and you always have something nice to say to everybody, you are probably the most positive person I know. I think by now Benjamin is the Top Angel! Many hugs Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to all of your family Sharon! Your beautiful boy still comforts you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little boy, Sharon. He obviously brought great love during his short little life. We lost our little grandson in 2010, and what a comfort to know we'll both see our little angels again. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little boy. My thoughts are with you. And most assuredly someday you will be reunited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hugs to you and your whole family today, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet face - no wonder God wanted him close. Many prayers and hopes for an eventual joyous reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs for you Sharon. You are always online "liking" and saying such nice, positive messages. I wish we could meet in person for some real hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion!!!! If you want me to respond to a comment or suggestion please send me your email address. Otherwise I will not respond or comment with the exception of maybe on Facebook or Google+.